s-evo.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?

Go down 
+3
bomjoon
TouringBubble
LayinLo
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LayinLo

LayinLo

Male Number of posts : 801
Drives : TB VIII
Registration date : 2007-07-09

What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? Empty
PostSubject: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:45 pm

As the title says, I was just wondering.

I know you have a great knowledge base for tuning and I was wondering if other car owners might benefit from your services?
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

Male Number of posts : 1384
Drives : GG IX MR SE

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 8:23 pm

Currently, I can tune the stock ECU's for:

Evo VII, VIII and IX
Lancer '02 to '04
Eclipse '01 to '03
Subaru WRX '02 to '06
Subaru STi '04 to '06
Subaru Forester '04 to '06
Legacy '04 to '06

I can also tune other piggy back or stand alone systems.

When it comes down to it ... tuning is tuning. If you know the concepts, you can tune anything. The only exception to this rule is a rotary engine as the target timing is different than your normal 4-stroke, piston driven engine.

I would love to get more hands-on experience tuning other makes and models, including naturally aspirated domestic vehicles and vehicles with stand alone systems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.projecttuning.com/
LayinLo

LayinLo

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 6:07 am

Just what I was wanting to hear. I have a vehicle for you then!

I'll get in touch with you soon to discuss it.
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 10:15 am

Sounds good man. Just let me know.

BTW, I do offer discounted rates for new platforms that I don't have much experience with. It's sort of a "thank you" for letting me learn the software.

I charge more to tune Subarus though ... Razz
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
Post-whore
bomjoon

Male Number of posts : 1873
Drives : your car.

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 8:25 pm

charge 2x for a suby.
Back to top Go down
EVO_ATE

EVO_ATE

Male Number of posts : 77
Drives : GG IX MR
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 11:06 pm

When Scott tuned my car @ Topspeed he said EVOs were so much easier to tune compaired to STIs. He said with a EVO he touches 12-14 maps and with STIs it's liike 40. Is that true? Also mentioned that the subaru's MAF sensor is crap compaired to mitsu's.
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
Post-whore
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 11:30 pm

suby everything is crap except for the dash gauges that is made from defi.
Back to top Go down
EVO_ATE

EVO_ATE

Male Number of posts : 77
Drives : GG IX MR
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:05 am

I thought you said your Defi boost gauge wasn't very accurate? lol!
Back to top Go down
LayinLo

LayinLo

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 7:14 am

I think my Defi is off a little too.
Back to top Go down
LayinLo

LayinLo

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 7:14 am

TouringBubble wrote:
Sounds good man. Just let me know.

BTW, I do offer discounted rates for new platforms that I don't have much experience with. It's sort of a "thank you" for letting me learn the software.

I charge more to tune Subarus though ... Razz

This will be a domestic.
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 8:38 am

I've seen Defi's dead on and a bit off ... it just depends.

Its funny that Scott said that the Evo was easier ... most Evo tuners say that the STi is easier because you don't really have to be too particular with the timing. The STi has a timing modifier that add timing to the point of knock, up to like 10*, so you can almost leave the timing maps where they are and let it tune for you. That is kind of a lazy way to do it though, so I modify the timing maps to get them where I want them. I think most good tuners do.

Also, you can set the boost via the ECU on the Subaru with no physical modification ... you can't do that on the Evo.

I think the big difference is that ECUFlash (or Enginuity) has many more defined tables for the Subarus than the Evo. We currently only have access to like 20% of the actual data in the ECU ... most of what's left is useless for tuning, but it also includes things like trouble code addresses. I'm sure more of it could be used for fine tuning, but what we currently have is enough to make great power.
Back to top Go down
robb86
teh african
robb86

Male Number of posts : 900
Drives : 08 GGXGSR

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:55 am

Wanna tune my bike? Smile
Back to top Go down
Trekster

Trekster

Number of posts : 555
Drives : my car

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:07 pm

The STI MAF sensor is way too sensitive compare to Evo maf sensor.

Charge 5x for subies. They deserve it for buying a car that takes 3 hours to change the spark plugs. lol
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:28 pm

Yeah ... plugs are way too complicated on a Subaru.

If your bike has EFI and an ECU to flash to, I can tune it. Getting the software to do would be the deciding factor.
Back to top Go down
Trekster

Trekster

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:30 pm

you could always maf sensor tune it, old style~
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:38 pm

Yeah ... there are a lot of ways to "tune" ... but flashing directly to the ECU is the most reliable and has the most benefits. You can always piggy back, intercept the MAF reading, adjust fuel pressure, turn a distributor cap ...
Back to top Go down
Trekster

Trekster

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:22 pm

most reliable way is the standalone with AEM EMS. trust me, once you go AEM, you KNOW that everything else is crap compare to it. It's the difference between having a small house without any furnitures and having a mansion with expensive furnitures.

There is a reliable way to tune your afr without the flash, and it's been done for a long time and started with DSM crowd.
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Well, I'm grouping the stand alone systems with "flashing to the ECU." I'm simply saying that having direct control of specific values and those values all being controlled at one source is the ideal solution.

There are many reliable ways to tune ... but you will almost always have less complications if you can tune the ECU and not have to trick it by intercepting signals and such.
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
Post-whore
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 9:22 pm

my defi is off a lil

AEM is awesome except for the morning start.

that is the only reason that keeps me from getting it.
Back to top Go down
LayinLo

LayinLo

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:19 pm

Rob, get a power commander and Matt can tune your bike with his laptop. I think with the newer ones you can even store up to three maps that you change just by pressing a button on the box. And, the power commander is an easy install!
Back to top Go down
Trekster

Trekster

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 3:55 pm

the morning start isn't bad. Besides, your car is garaged. It wont have any problems.

You only have problems on a very cold morning (ice in your windshield) and your car's been sitting outside all night.

I was actually talking about the MAF tuning trick.

I'll share with you. Some of you know about this, but on the bottom of the maf sensor, you have a little rubber circle. You rip that out and you'll see a little screw driver.

That could control how the maf sensor reads the air flow. If you go closer to the reflector mirror (whch how the maf sensor measures your air flow), you could lean the car a bit (depending on how much you rotate) and if you pull it out more, you get a rich AFR, because maf sensor basically thinks you have more or less air coming into the engine than it's calibrated to think.

This is one of those emergency situation tune for me (but DSM guys been doing this for a long time just to help piggyback tune better).

It works like S-AFC, but it doesn't use the current to fool the ECU, it actually fools the MAF Sensor to munipulate the ecu.

but honestly, I could explain it more in person than writing it down, you know?

Open ECU org tuning is great and I think Matt did enough research to do a good job tuning.
He's anal like me once it comes to researching (or me before I got fed up with messing with the cars).

Don't take this the wrong way, but Matt's not tuned enough map to know what the difference between different piggyback and especially standalone is, because they all have different numbers and different tuning perimeters. If you ask me today to tune your AEM, I would know all the numbers that I need to look for as the features, but if I had to tune your car on ECU flash, I would get lost, because all of the numbers that I'm use to would be obsolete in ECU flash.

if I had an Evo, I would have Matt (aka Project Tuning) tune it for me. Joey's happy with it.

I guess only limitation is that there looks to be no variable temperature control for ECU flash. so if it gets cold or warm, ECU doesn't adopt to a set parameter that' dictates what changes it should make.

I would tell you, the start up and idle was the hardest thing to make it right on AEM EMS. Also, it's the hardest thing to get it right on any flash or piggy back on the Evo. Mine use to change every morning, where I would have to change it, but it was a wrong thing for me to do, since there are features that could adjust and compensate for the morning tune.

once you get to variable valve systems, it becomes headache because of the secondary intake on the startup that screws with your startup map.

IMO. fools. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 11:18 pm

The stock ECU does compensate for temp and barometric changes.
Back to top Go down
sabastian458

Number of posts : 856
Drives : 2003 Evolution
Registration date : 2007-07-10

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 9:59 am

TouringBubble wrote:
The stock ECU does compensate for temp and barometric changes.

yeah, i really havent had much trouble with my cold starts. runs really well
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
Post-whore
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 11:50 am

can joo tune a jetta?

or a 240? 92 with SR swap?
he has sfdc now and thats it. Sad

if you can tune both them cars i'll let the guys know.
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 12:06 pm

I cannot tune a Jetta as I'm not a Revo dealer. I wish i was though. If he had an aftermarket piggy or stand alone I would be able to.

I can tune SAFC, but that's only the fuel management. It will compensate for larger injectors though which is what most people want. Ask if he's looked in to NisTune ... it's a nice setup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?   What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune? Empty

Back to top Go down

What vehicle's can Project Tuning Tune?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next