s-evo.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EM1toEVO

EM1toEVO

Male Number of posts : 11
Drives : '05 TB SSL Evo
Registration date : 2007-07-18

What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options? Empty
PostSubject: What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options?   What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 6:11 pm

I am in need of some new front rotors and some front and rear performance pads. Any experiences and suggestions?
Back to top Go down
robb86
teh african
robb86

Male Number of posts : 900
Drives : 08 GGXGSR
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options?   What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 6:24 pm

I went w/ the stoptech slotted rotors (f & r) and a set of ferodo ds2500 pads, so far... i love em!

Slight bit of *squeaking* at slow speeds, but I'm very pleased with the performance, thus far.
Back to top Go down
EM1toEVO

EM1toEVO

PostSubject: Re: What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options?   What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 6:30 pm

How's the brake dust on the ferrodo pads compared to stock? I really like the stoptech rotors, but I figured they might be expensive.
Back to top Go down
robb86
teh african
robb86

Male Number of posts : 900
Drives : 08 GGXGSR

PostSubject: Re: What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options?   What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 6:46 pm

A lotta brake dust, then again I haven't had time to wash my car/wheels in quite a few weeks.

I got the stoptech slotted rotors, stoptech ss lines, motul fluid and the ferodo ds2500 for like $850 from a vendor on evom
Back to top Go down
EM1toEVO

EM1toEVO

PostSubject: Re: What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options?   What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 8:55 pm

That's pretty decent pricing. Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
ljk19841

ljk19841

Male Number of posts : 26
Drives : 06 IX RS
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options?   What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 9:21 pm

i've had em on my old VIII they were great like robb said little bit of squeak and they look great too
Back to top Go down
Rich4G63

Rich4G63

Male Number of posts : 94
Drives : 06' LBP Evo IX
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options?   What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options? EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 11:54 am

Had the Ferodo ds2500's too, great bite to them...way better than stockers.. but have to agree on the squeaks and brake dust..
Back to top Go down
Trekster

Trekster

Number of posts : 555
Drives : my car

PostSubject: Re: What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options?   What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2007 11:08 am

Ferodo DS2500 are pretty much the best.

I've tried most of the brakes, (endless, carbotech, hawk, project mu) and Ferodo by far has the best anti-fade and durability. It dusts a lot and it's super squeeky, but it's the best I've tried.

I got some cheap ebay rotors (blanks) and they worked great.

When dealing with brakes, fade should be addressed more than the initial bite, since our brembo will provide a good bite either way, fading is something to look into. also, the tires are an important part of the braking as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options?   What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are some good aftermarket pad and rotor options?
Page 1 of 1