s-evo.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich4G63

Rich4G63

Male Number of posts : 94
Drives : 06' LBP Evo IX
Registration date : 2007-07-20

Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue Empty
PostSubject: Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue   Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 1:59 pm

Hey guys,

my passenger side brake light will not light up. the driving lights are working fine though. is this fixed by getting a new fuse or is it a bulb issue?

another weird thing i experienced this morning on the way to work is that i was cruising on the highway in 5th gear, let off the gas, and all of the sudden my engine cut off. it was freaking me out for a sec, i just cranked the engine again and it started right back up. what could be causing this issue? any input would be awesome. thanks!
Back to top Go down
sabastian458

Number of posts : 856
Drives : 2003 Evolution
Registration date : 2007-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue   Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 2:14 pm

Check the man doing your tune. Send him a log of when it cuts off. The bulb issue is just that, a bulb. Just replace it.
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

Male Number of posts : 1384
Drives : GG IX MR SE
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue   Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 3:03 pm

I agree .. sounds like a bulb. A fuse would affect more than a single light.

As far as the stall ... I have 2 questions. Was the AC on and do you have a lightened flywheel? If the answer is yes to both it is a common issue.

There are some modifications you can make to the tune to compensate, but they aren't always 100% effective. The problem is that the engine just doesn't have the inertia to keep spinning when the revs drop off really fast. The AC pulls the revs down faster and the lost torque from the free-flowing exhaust doesn't help either. It is a mechanical issue and the tune sometimes just can't help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.projecttuning.com/
Rich4G63

Rich4G63

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue   Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 3:08 pm

the funny thing is that the AC was not on and I do not have a lightened flywheel...very strange, if I was on a curvy road it could have been much more dangerous. i am talking with my tuner but haven't gotten a response yet.
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

Male Number of posts : 1384
Drives : GG IX MR SE

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue   Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 3:10 pm

Could be the cams as well ... also the MIVEC. My revs drop about 250-300 RPM at times, but only with the AC on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.projecttuning.com/
bomjoon
Post-whore
bomjoon

Male Number of posts : 1873
Drives : your car.

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue   Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 4:26 pm

who tuned it?
Back to top Go down
Rich4G63

Rich4G63

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue   Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 4:32 pm

Chris (Mellon) is tuning my car...

can anyone confirm if the bulbs for the VII tails are the same for the VIII and IX?
Back to top Go down
sabastian458

Number of posts : 856
Drives : 2003 Evolution
Registration date : 2007-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue   Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 5:08 pm

It is just a really common bulb. take it out and go to an auto parts store. the keep them instock
Back to top Go down
Rich4G63

Rich4G63

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue   Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 7:44 pm

cool, thanks guys... i wish i can get to the bottom of the stalling out issue, i've never had this happen before except when i had my 8 & installed a vta bov on it ;x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue   Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue Empty

Back to top Go down

Passenger side brake light out & stalling out issue
Page 1 of 1