s-evo.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X

Go down 
+3
TouringBubble
LayinLo
C-EvoVIII
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
C-EvoVIII

C-EvoVIII

Male Number of posts : 38
Drives : 03, VIII
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X Empty
PostSubject: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 10:18 pm

As the title say,
WHERE: Birmingham, AL
WHAT: SCCA auto-X
WHEN: Sunday July 29th
7:00 Gates Open
7:30-9:00 Registration
8:00 to 9:00 Tech Inspections
9:00 Registration Closes
9:00-9:15 Devotional
9:15 Driver’s Meeting
9:45 Workers on Course
10:00 Start Timed Runs
5:00 Trophy Presentation
5:30 Clean Up

info: http://alscca.org/solo2/index.shtml
C
Back to top Go down
LayinLo

LayinLo

Male Number of posts : 801
Drives : TB VIII
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 10:34 pm

How do you compete?

Please forgive my ignorance.
Back to top Go down
C-EvoVIII

C-EvoVIII

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 10:38 pm

I paid $30 for last event and I'm a non SCCA member. ( cheaper for SCCA members)
just need to past simple inspection ie: batt it secure no lose parts,
show up early and the guys that r already there will be more than happy to help u out and point u in the right direction. to watch and ride ofcourse free. C
PS: for more info click the link on the 1st post. C
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

Male Number of posts : 1384
Drives : GG IX MR SE

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 10:51 pm

It's pretty straight forward ...

When you drive up you pay and give them your class. You'd be in SM (Street Modified) w/ Sara. Then, you roll down to the tech area and they make sure you don't have slop in your steering and your battery is secured properly.

After that, you go park and wait till the track is set up. When it's set, you go walk it to figure out your lines. Then they have the driver meeting which tells you who is doing what and when you'll be working and driving. If you have never been before, there is a novice meeting just afterward that tells you about pint deductions and the cones and such.

Basically, each cone has a box around it. If you knock the cone over or out of the box you get a 2 sec penalty added to your time. Pointer cones (the ones already on their side telling you which direction to go) give no points deduction, but if you hit one you've likely plowed over other cones in the process.

Okay, when you are working the track, you go to a station and mainly run to reset cones if they are hit. You also have a red flag to stop competitors if there is a problem and a radio to call in cones so the penalties can be tallied. There are at least 3 people at each station (usually 6 stations) with one on radio and the others running for cones.

Okay, when it's your turn to drive you go line up on the grid with the other peeps in your run group. Then people are called to staging in order that they are on the grid. You'll end up at the gate where you start your run. A guy there will tell you when you can go and you take take a sec to set up and launch. Once you cross the lights your time is ticking.

You zoom through the course as quick and smooth as you can and hopefully hit no cones. You clear the lights at the end of the course and slow down QUICKLY (or the safety steward will shake his finger at you). They will announce your time as you drive back to the grid area. You park at the grid and wait for your turn again. You usually get 5 runs at the Birmingham Auto-X. Between runs you can spray down your IC and tires and check your pressures and such.

When you're all done you park and wait for the times to be tallied up. They'll call everyone up to the trailer and give out the trophies when they are done tallying.

After that, you leave .. and most likely go out to eat with us at the sports bar.

Does that help answer your question Trae?
Back to top Go down
http://www.projecttuning.com/
C-EvoVIII

C-EvoVIII

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 11:10 pm

That's detail. C
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
Post-whore
bomjoon

Male Number of posts : 1873
Drives : your car.

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 8:16 am

i'll be there~

its free when you work the course.
Back to top Go down
LayinLo

LayinLo

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 9:31 am

I've never done it so I'll be looking a lot like this guy...

Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X Forrest_gump_01

So you can go watch for free or drive for $30. Thats not bad. Let me check to see what I have going on. It shouldn't be a problem. So are there a lot of people in my class? Is my class the hard class?
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
Post-whore
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 9:33 am

me, sara, c-evo8? , and some subaru guys and domestics.

its fun. you should come.
Back to top Go down
LayinLo

LayinLo

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 9:42 am

I'm definitely going to try to be there.

I'm just scared I'll break my car. LOL
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 11:05 am

I think C will be in BSP with me unless he's modded more recently.

To be in SM, you'd have to do a turbo upgrade or cams really. There is some debate over whether a BC puts you in SM, but from what I've heard it doesn't. Some suspension geometry changes will put you in SM as well ... so will bigger brakes.
Back to top Go down
LayinLo

LayinLo

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 11:15 am

I'm probably in the hard class.

Has anybody ever broken they're cars?
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
Post-whore
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 12:01 pm

no... well not me atleast.

just go easy on it. lol

i try to do that but it never works. heh~
Back to top Go down
C-EvoVIII

C-EvoVIII

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 5:16 pm

TouringBubble wrote:
I think C will be in BSP with me unless he's modded more recent

No REALLY recent mods for me....well if u can say that..got the car on 5-26-07 bone stock with $2500 down payment and today is 7-14. and i spent.....$250 for new front rotors, $100 for new pads for front and back, $550 for TBE, $350 for the injen kit, 120 for boost guage, $50 for ecu flash...and minor things here and there...so I'm broke.

so I'll be in BSP with u. C
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 7:45 pm

LayinLo wrote:
Has anybody ever broken they're cars?

You'll wear the crap outta your tires, but that's really it unless you do something stupid.

A couple of months ago there was a pretty bad accident with a 2.5 RS. It got loos just as he was crossing the timing lights and he put too much faith in to the "beauty of AWD" and tried to stay on the throttle and correct. So, without losing much speed he swapped ends and hopped the curb and almost ended up the in paddock. He stopped literally inches from a 5 series.

The rule is if you are gonna lose it and there could be danger, go "two feet in" and hit the clutch and brake and just let it go. Most likely you'll hit a couple of cones and no more. It's much more dangerous to try to be a hero and save it.
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 7:46 pm

C-EvoVIII wrote:

Yup, with those mods you'll be in BSP. Be aware ... I'm currently the points leader ... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
C-EvoVIII

C-EvoVIII

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 9:41 pm

TouringBubble wrote:
C-EvoVIII wrote:

Yup, with those mods you'll be in BSP. Be aware ... I'm currently the points leader ... Evil or Very Mad
Master Yoda, I have much to learn from u.. cheers
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 10:03 pm

Nah, you can learn from Michael who's currently in second. I'm in 1st because he missed an event. lol.

What I've found is that the Evo understeers a bit when pushed. That's the thing you've got to get over. If you've still got as stock alignment you have to potential to be much faster than me. I'm a 0 toe all around and that gives me even more understeer.
Back to top Go down
LayinLo

LayinLo

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptySun Jul 15, 2007 8:40 am

Sounds like it is fun and educational.
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptySun Jul 15, 2007 11:20 am

It's a great place to learn the limits of your car safely. I've become a much better drive because of it.
Back to top Go down
EvoLady

EvoLady

Female Number of posts : 96
Drives : Evo Viii
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 10:37 am

Well looks BSP is going to be a fun class this month. There are several Zs that should be there plus Matt and C from here, it will be the battle between AWD and RWD. I have complete faith in the Evos! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/evolady
C-EvoVIII

C-EvoVIII

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 3:24 pm

Hey Sara, i see u finally cross over to this side of the pond.
see u guys there, BTW any of u will be at the Porche 250 this weekend?
C
Back to top Go down
EvoLady

EvoLady

Female Number of posts : 96
Drives : Evo Viii
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 10:32 am

yeah i thought i would see what was going on over here, i missed the death wing camaraderie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/evolady
LayinLo

LayinLo

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 7:31 pm

death wing comraderie, hehe

I gotta come see what this Auto-X is all about.
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
Post-whore
bomjoon

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 9:11 pm

i guess i'll see you at the autox. heh~
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 11:17 pm

You know you're not gonna be there Joey ...

I'm trying to get Q to come since I've been to the drags with him twice (3 times this Friday).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X   Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X Empty

Back to top Go down

Birmingham, AL July 29th Auto-X
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next