s-evo.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

Male Number of posts : 1384
Drives : GG IX MR SE
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally! Empty
PostSubject: Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally!   Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:59 pm

So we got the part installed and I've got baselines and comparison pulls to compare power, boost curves, max boost, spool time, WGDC (effeciency), boost creep, AFRs, load, etc. It should be some interesting data. I'm working on it over the next few days ...

Initial impressions are on the fence. It's loud as hell but I'm not sure if I like it or not. I didn't get it to be loud though ... I got it to make power. I have to say though, downshifting to pass and nailing it around 5000 is fun. The noise there is nuts.

AFRs are definitely leaner, especially up top. This could be skewed slightly as I hear a minor exhaust leak. I'm not sure how much it could be affecting the AFR reading. The baseline was around 11.3:1 up top and it's touching the 12:1s with the EPM part. That does give you an idea of how much air is flowing though, doesn't it?

I'm really looking forward to the comparison graphs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.projecttuning.com/
sabastian458

Number of posts : 856
Drives : 2003 Evolution
Registration date : 2007-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally!   Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:50 pm

now if i remember correctly, with an open dump you will "read" leaner than what the engine is actually running. the wideband isnt reading what gets bypassed.

my dump is stupid loud, quiter than when i had all those damn leaks tho. loud none the less. Smile
Back to top Go down
robb86
teh african
robb86

Male Number of posts : 900
Drives : 08 GGXGSR

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally!   Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:54 pm

get some video matt!
i'd love to hear it Smile
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally!   Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 3:13 pm

sabastian458 wrote:
now if i remember correctly, with an open dump you will "read" leaner than what the engine is actually running. the wideband isnt reading what gets bypassed.

my dump is stupid loud, quiter than when i had all those damn leaks tho. loud none the less. Smile

That should't happen ... the sensor doesn't read volume, only O2 content of what it does see. the exhaust leaving the dump should have the same O2 content as the exhaust from the turbine.
Back to top Go down
sabastian458

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally!   Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 3:48 pm

ok, see i knew i could count on you to clarify my thoughts. Smile
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally!   Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 3:51 pm

It's what I'm here for ... Smile
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
Post-whore
bomjoon

Male Number of posts : 1873
Drives : your car.

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally!   Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:27 pm

noone cares about yer o2 dump Razz

hurry up and make the blowthru uicp.

cheapest ive found was dejon tools for 150.

the whole sys is gonna be like 550$+ yikes.

now im wondering $550 to just go vta worth it?
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally!   Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally! EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 7:29 am

We're actually scrapping the blow-thru setup ... the stock MAF can't do it due to the baro and temp sensors being located there.
Back to top Go down
sabastian458

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally!   Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally! EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 10:57 am

that is why i am waiting for the speed density set up to be worked out. Uses the jdm map, GM temp sensor, and then a resistor for the baro sensor. Smile
Back to top Go down
bomjoon
Post-whore
bomjoon

Male Number of posts : 1873
Drives : your car.

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally!   Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally! EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 2:30 pm

well the blowthrough set up that other vendors sell is like $500+

light as well go aem for that price. it might be a used on ebut still it will be worth it?

what all do i need to run AEM?

gm map sensor, AEM, any other stuff?
im not looking for anything fancy. just run vat. Razz

damn thats a lotta money to go vta Razz

yeah and ima ricer. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally!   Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally! Empty

Back to top Go down

Installed my EPM O2 Housing ... Finally!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
s-evo.net :: Technical :: Engine / Turbo-
Jump to: