s-evo.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
robb86
teh african
robb86

Male Number of posts : 900
Drives : 08 GGXGSR
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Problem Empty
PostSubject: Problem   Problem EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:41 pm

Well I haven't been driving the evo much lately since I've been saving a lot of money on gas by riding the bike.

Drove it once last week and noticed that when activating the clutch all the way while I'm still moving and in 3rd (or higher gear) while watching my revs drop (the revs should only drop to where my idle is set, right?) it dips down the around 400rpm and my volt gauge goes from 14 to 11 and the car wants to die?

I at first thought this only happens when the radio and A/C is on at the same time and suspected my mini-battery but driving to work this morning it dipped below idle again while in 3rd gear and my A/C was off.

Any idea what could be causing this?
I cleaned the air filter and changed the oil, just ordered some new spark-plugs (Its been about 11k miles since I changed them).
Back to top Go down
TouringBubble

TouringBubble

Male Number of posts : 1384
Drives : GG IX MR SE

Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem   Problem EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 4:12 pm

This is common on Evos and more pronounced with aftermarket clutches and flywheels (not sure what you have). It can be helped with a small adjustment to the base ISCV tables in ECUFlash.

The ISCV maps control the base idle stepper settings and the ECU will modify those values to reach the desired idle speed. If the base is too low, the idle will drop too far and the ECU takes a moment to adjust, which is why you'll sometimes see the drop and then a spike just after.

There are different ISCV tables for idle, idle w/ AC, idle while rolling, etc.

air temp can affect the needed ISCV to reach the desired idle, and that's likely what you are noticing now. The higher temps probably need a little more base ISCV than the cooler temps you remember.
Back to top Go down
http://www.projecttuning.com/
robb86
teh african
robb86

Male Number of posts : 900
Drives : 08 GGXGSR

Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem   Problem EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 4:27 pm

Damn, I hate this crap.
Everytime I free it I have to keep my eye on it or it will die Sad

My car was tuned mid-summer last year, didn't notice this happening then.
Matt - how much will it cost to fix? (Mr. Project Tuning - pm me, remember I'm poor!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem   Problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
s-evo.net :: Technical :: Engine / Turbo-
Jump to: